OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) -- Former Ole Miss basketball star Justin Reed died this morning following a battle with cancer.
Reed, 35, had been battling angiosarcoma, a cancer of the inner lining of the blood vessels.
Reed was a four-year starter at Ole Miss from 2001 to 2004 and is the first Rebel to be named to the All-SEC team four times.
He still ranks sixth all-time in scoring and ninth in rebounds at Ole Miss.
Reed was drafted in the second round of the NBA draft in 2004 by the Boston Celtics.
He was later traded to the Minnesota Timberwolves in 2006.
Reed was later traded to the Houston Rockets but was waived by the team before appearing in a single game.
Funeral arrangements are still pending.
- Former Ole Miss Rebel Justin Reed dies
- Ole Miss' Khayat receives Winter-Reed award for educational excellence
- Ole Miss' Matt Luke, Rebels take stage at SEC Media Days
- Ole Miss introduces new on-field mascot at annual 'Meet the Rebels Day'
- Ethridge, Rebel bats dominant as Ole Miss beats Jacksonville State 16-2
- Former Ole Miss football coach Billy Brewer dies
- Mississippi, Ole Miss historian David Sansing dies from fall
- Alabama downs Ole Miss 62-7
- Auburn downs Ole Miss 31-16
- Reed's Tupelo Christmas Parade a holiday hit