TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - More than 20 Natchez Trace Parkway employees were recognized for their hard work and commitment to safety.
As part of the National Park Services' strategy to enhance employee safety, the Natchez Trace Parkway's Safety, Health and Wellness Committee development an Award Coin program.
Twenty-one employees received special coins in honor of their work. Such work includes providing visitor assistance, promoting a safe environment and demonstrating safety leadership.
Superintendent Mary Risser says employees can accumulate the coins and exchange them for either a cash or time-off award.
- Natchez Trace uses award coin program to promote safety
- Natchez Trace Parkway Thanksgiving Closures
- Natchez Trace issues travel advisory following storms
- Dennis man killed in Natchez Trace collision
- TN man sentenced for Natchez Trace collision
- Natchez Trace advises travelers to remain vigilant
- Underfed horses found along Natchez Trace Parkway
- 2 die in Natchez Trace Parkway crash
- Natchez Trace Parkway works to control privet
- Natchez Trace officials consider adding rumble strips