JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - On Thursday, the Mississippi Department of Education released its letter grades for the state's school districts.
These grades are based on criteria including state testing, advanced courses and graduation rate.
For the WTVA viewing area, the Booneville School District, Oxford School District and the Union County School District all received an "A."
This is an improvement for Union County with a 2016 grade "B."
As far as districts improving, Amory improved to a "B," Houston improved to a "B," Okolona improved from an "F" to a "D."
Lee County also improved from a "C" to a "B."
The Tupelo Public School District remained steady at a "B." The Columbus Municipal School District received a "D."
You can see your district in the document below or click here.
- MDE releases district performance grades for 2016-17 school year
- Corinth schools receive 'C' grade from MDE
- MDE: Local school district under investigation
- Alabama releases letter grades for schools
- A-F grades approved for state school districts and schools
- MDE: Tupelo schools among those affected by Questar Assessment breach
- State education leaders to visit local A-graded schools
- Some local hospitals receive top safety grades