TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Police say the search for a burglary suspect led to a partial lockdown of Tupelo Middle School Wednesday afternoon.
According to officers, the search occurred on North Industrial Road.
Two people were arrested and face misdemeanor charges.
The school district says the lockdown only lasted for five minutes.
- Tupelo school placed on partial lockdown
- 2 Tupelo schools put on partial lockdown, school will resume on Friday
- Tupelo school placed on lockdown as officers searched for person
- UPDATE: MDOC lockdown lifted
- Oxford Middle School placed on temporary lockdown
- UPDATE: Soft lockdown lifted at Mooreville school
- Brief lockdown lifted at Aberdeen school
- Precautionary lockdown issued at Union County school
- Soft lockdown of Lee County schools lifted
- Sheriff: Vardaman schools placed on lockdown for domestic threat