AUBURN, Ala. (AP) - Auburn wide receiver Kyle Davis has been dismissed from the team.
Coach Gus Malzahn announced the decision on Tuesday, saying only that Davis broke team rules.
Davis was one of three players suspended from the 21st-ranked Tigers' opener against Georgia Southern for undisclosed reasons. He didn't travel with the team to last weekend's LSU game.
Davis also had missed spring practice for personal issues. He has 210 receiving yards on seven catches ranks third on the team.
Former starting quarterback Sean White was also kicked off the team earlier in the season.
Davis played in 13 games as a freshman last season, making 12 catches for 248 yards and two touchdowns.
Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Auburn dismisses receiver Kyle Davis for breaking team rules
- Auburn receives federal subpoena in bribery scandal
- Ole Miss extends contract of Kermit Davis
- Report: Ole Miss to receive NCAA ruling Friday
- Auburn downs Ole Miss 31-16
- Judge dismisses lawsuit challenging voter ID law
- Judge dismisses school bus assault lawsuit
- Lawsuit over Lowndes County arrest dismissed
- Charges dismissed against mother after Leland tragedy
- Judge dismisses wrongful death lawsuit over abortion