CORINTH, Miss. (WTVA) -- Corinth police are investigating the circumstances surrounding the death of a premature baby born in an abandoned house Saturday morning.
Detective Michael Suitor says the mother gave birth to the child around 1:30 a.m. Saturday at a home on Allen Street.
He says the mother and child were taken to the hospital where the child died a short time later.
Suitor says the home has been abandoned for a while but different people have been known to go into it from time to time.
He says they have yet to determine why the woman was in the home when she gave birth.
He says the investigation is in its early stages and no charges have been filed.
- Police investigate death of baby born in abandoned house
- Police investigate Tupelo death
- Ecru Fire Department investigates abandoned trailer fire
- Abandoned house on fire in Tupelo
- Abandoned house catches fire in Columbus
- Zebra born at Tupelo Buffalo Park
- Baby alerts family of burning house
- Woman accused of abandoning disabled husband
- California abandons plan to tax text messages
- Police investigating NEMCC theft