IUKA, Miss. (WTVA) - A man from Tishomingo is charged with meth possession inside a correctional facility.
On October 14, Tishomingo County deputies, along with Burnsville police officers, were conducting a safety checkpoint around the Jefferson Street area in Burnsville.
During the checkpoint, a driver approached the officers. It was determined that the driver had a suspended driver's license.
The driver, Andy Craig Simmons, 25, was arrested.
After arriving at the Tishomingo County jail, Simmons was reportedly found with meth.
As a result, Simmons was charged with the felony possession of a controlled substance and felony introduction of narcotics inside a correctional facility.
- Checkpoint leads to drug arrest in Burnsville
- Duo from Burnsville face drug-related charges
- Former Burnsville clerk arrested for embezzlement
- UPDATE: Aberdeen checkpoint leads to gunfire
- Burnsville man arrested in connection to vehicle theft
- Burnsville man charged with intent to sell
- One dead following tornadoes in Columbus, Burnsville
- Traxys Cometals Processing locating to Burnsville, creating jobs
- Sheriff: Corinth man caught stealing vehicle in Burnsville
- Gas leak forces precautionary evacuation at Burnsville School