OKOLONA, Miss. (WTVA) - The Okolona Electric Department is warning customers not to fall for a scam that is working its way around the city.
General Manager Justin Sullivan says someone was calling customers Friday claiming power would be shut off if they didn't pay their bill.
Sullivan says it will never call customers to ask for payment over the phone.
- Okolona Electric issues warning about phone scam
- Monroe County Electric warns of phone scam
- Oxford police issue phone scam warning
- Corinth police issue warning about phone scam
- Sheriff issues warning about phone scam
- AT&T warns of phone scam
- MSU issues warning to students about phone scam
- U.S. Marshals warn of phone scam
- New Albany police warn of phone scams
- Starkville police warn of phone scam