ROLLING FORK, Miss. (AP) - A man has been found dead in the passenger seat of a car found parked on a Mississippi road, south of Rolling Fork.
WLBT-TV reports foul play is not suspected. The body was found about 7:30 a.m. Thursday.
Authorities believe the victim is from the Washington County area and suspect the car belongs to the deceased man. His name has not been released, pending notification of his family.
Police are currently looking for a white woman who was last seen around 4 a.m. walking north on Highway 61, a short distance from Rolling Fork. Investigators believe she might have been the driver of the car.
The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation has been called in to help with the investigation.
Information from: WLBT-TV, http://www.wlbt.com
Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Man found dead in car's passenger seat in Mississippi
- Can airplane seat cameras spy on passengers?
- Report: South Mississippi shooting suspect found dead
- UPDATE: Missing central Mississippi man found dead, arrest made
- Mississippi announces dead deer found with fatal disease
- Man found dead inside his Baldwyn home
- Man found dead in Lafayette County
- Tupelo man found dead In Louisiana
- Police: Man found dead in Grenada pool
- Man found dead in Pontotoc County jail