PARCHMAN, Miss. (AP) - A man serving a life sentence at Mississippi's only maximum security prison for men has died.
The state Department of Corrections says 77-year-old Louis Young died Tuesday at the hospital at the Mississippi State Penitentiary in Parchman.
WLBT-TV reports Young's cause of death is pending an autopsy.
Young, whose criminal history dates back to 1958, was serving time for multiple rapes and armed robbery.
Information from: WLBT-TV, http://www.wlbt.com
Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Man serving life sentence dies at Mississippi prison
- Man serving time in trooper's death dies in prison
- Edgar Ray Killen dies in Mississippi prison
- Mississippi prison inmate dies in Pascagoula hospital
- Capital murder suspect found guilty, sentenced to life in prison
- New Albany man sentenced to prison
- Man with local ties dies in prison
- Inmate at privately-run Mississippi prison dies in hanging
- Man sentenced after drug bust in Mississippi
- North Dakota man sentenced to prison in welfare scam involving Mississippi inmates