TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A new development project is officially underway in downtown Tupelo.
Thursday morning city officials and Maloney Development Properties broke ground on the new Fairpark Towers.
The first building of the two-building project will be four floors and 40,000 square feet.
Colin Maloney, the project contractor says it will hold more than just offices.
"It will be office space. It will be some retail space on the first floor, and we're actually trying to actively recruit a restaurant for the first floor now," he said.
The building already has two confirmed tenants.
- City officials break ground on Fairpark Towers project
- Many attend 8th annual "Redemption Day" at Fairpark
- MSU breaks ground on new engineering complex
- Crews to fix Fulton water tower
- Town & Tower Club honors local leaders
- Man caught climbing the Eiffel Tower
- Columbus man charged with threatening city official
- Tupelo city officials address Code Red glitches
- UPDATED: Air Force grounds popular training aircraft
- Man dead after falling from water tower in Jackson