TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Court records show a Tupelo police officer has settled her discrimination lawsuit against the city of Tupelo.
Tiffany Gilleylen sued the city claiming she was passed over for promotion to sergeant in 2015 because she is black and female.
Gilleylen contended three white men were promoted over her even though they were not as qualified.
The case was scheduled for trial October 10. There's no word on what the settlement is.
- Police officer settles discrimination lawsuit against city of Tupelo
- Lawsuit settled over Aberdeen police officer's firing
- Baldwyn police officers file lawsuit against city
- Mississippi county to settle wrongful arrest lawsuit
- Religious freedom lawsuit against Houston School District settled
- Tupelo police responds to sexual harassment/overtime lawsuit
- U.S. Supreme Court will not review Tupelo police shooting lawsuit
- UPDATE: Tupelo police officers accept back pay
- Tupelo police officer involved in afternoon collision
- Tupelo Police: Officers investigate reported shooting