PRENTISS COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A body was found Tuesday in Prentiss County after a man notices a strong odor.
Prentiss County Sheriff Randy Tolar says a man was walking along the railroad track off Tishomingo County Road 135/Prentiss County Road 1495 and discovered the body of a man.
Prentiss County Coroner Greg Sparks and sheriff's deputies responded to the scene and recovered the body sometime near noon.
The body was removed from the scene and will be sent to Pearl for identification, including DNA tests.
Sheriff Tolar says investigators have an idea who the man is but are not releasing the name at this time.
However, investigators have confirmed the man was in his late 30s.
This is a developing story.
- Man's body found in Prentiss County
- UPDATE: Missing Prentiss County man found safe
- Man charged with burglary in Prentiss County
- Prentiss County man charged with assault
- Prentiss County investigating multiple burglaries
- Fallen Prentiss County lineman honored
- Teenager found hiding in church in Prentiss County
- Body found in Tippah County
- Body found In Union County
- Alcorn County man wanted in Prentiss County for tractor theft