JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Mississippi's largest insurer says your risk for hitting a deer in your car is lower.
State Farm released numbers Wednesday showing Mississippi ranks 12th in the nation in the number of auto claims connected to deer collisions. The actual number of claims is 20,951.
That's based on figures from July 2016 to June 2017.
In the previous 12 year period, Mississippi ranked 10th in the nation.
- Insurer releases rankings for deer-car collisions
- Students injured in New Site collision involving 8 cars
- Multi car, head-on collision on Natchez Trace in Chickasaw
- Motorcyclist transported to hospital after car collision in Columbus
- Another insurer to join Obamacare insurance marketplace in Mississippi
- Insurance adjusters handle damage claims
- Man arrested following Tupelo collision
- Pedestrian injured in morning collision
- Clay County collision kills one
- Choctaw County collision kills pedestrian