LAFAYETTE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Four people have been charged in connection to the murder of a man in Lafayette County.
Dewayne Jones, 41, was found shot to death on Wednesday, February 28 in the area of County Road 104 and County Road 101.
RELATED: Man found dead in Lafayette County
Lafayette County Investigator Alan Wilburn says Jones was shot with a high-powered rifle.
The four following people have been charged with capital murder:
Melvin Johnson, 24, of Oxford
Kentarious Kirkwood, 16, of Oxford
Learica Harris, 23, of Oxford
Keontae Harris, 19, of Oxford
Their bonds were set at $2 million each.
Investigators believe the motive for the murder was robbery.
- 4 charged with capital murder in death of Lafayette County man
- UPDATE: Two charged with capital murder in Corinth man's death
- Man charged with murder in Tibbetts' death
- Starkville man charged with capital murder for Artesia triple homicide
- UPDATE: Teen indicted for capital murder for Baldwyn death
- Two indicted on capital murder charges for 2016 death of MSU student
- New information on teens charged with capital murder
- Two teens charged with capital murder released on bond
- Capital murder charge filed in connection with Bruce home explosion
- UPDATE: Mooreville woman charged with murder in man's death