COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - 4-County Electric Power Association is searching for a new leader.
Current CEO and General Manager Joe Cade announced he will step away from the cooperative. He will officially retire on September 30.
He has led the cooperative since 2010.
Cade says it's the right time for him to make the move.
"I have enjoyed my time here, and I am proud of what we have accomplished but I feel like it is a good time to get out of the way and let the next generation move us forward," he said.
4-County Board of Directors President Jay Gilliland says the board has a process in place for finding Cade's successor.
"We know we have some big shoes to fill," he said. "But we are confident that we will find the right person very soon."
A search is already underway, and the board hopes to have someone in place by early fall.
- 4-County Electric CEO and GM to retire
- 4-County Electric system to be down tonight
- CEO of Starkville hospital retiring
- 4-County Foundation hands out awards to help community
- Federal utility's CEO announces plans for retirement
- Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital President and CEO to retire
- Tupelo electric rates going up
- Scam targets Tombigbee Electric customers
- Monroe Electric hosts broadband meeting
- Michelin and GM are working on a puncture-proof tire