TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A fugitive was booked into the Lee County jail months after he fled from Tupelo police.
According to the Lee County Sheriff’s Department, 26-year-old Brian Robison of Guntown was booked Tuesday afternoon on two counts of grand larceny and a drug court violation.
Police officers tried to stop a stolen vehicle, which Robison was driving, the night of June 11, according to the Tupelo Police Department.
An ensuing police chase ended near the Tupelo Regional Airport where Robison managed to escape, according to police.
He was also wanted in other jurisdictions for the same alleged crime.
The Tupelo Police Department later confirmed investigators have charged Robison with felony fleeing and felony motor vehicle theft.
The Lee County Sheriff’s Department later confirmed Robison was arrested in Santa Ana, California, and returned to Lee County.
- 26-year-old fugitive arrested in California, returned to Lee County
- An Alcorn County fugitive returns to Mississippi
- Noxubee County fugitive arrested in Memphis
- Tennessee fugitives arrested in Alcorn County
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Lee County shooting
- UPDATE: Lee County chase ends in arrest
- Hunt continues for Tallahatchie County fugitive
- UPDATE: Lowndes County fugitive Delvin Moore captured
- UPDATE: Union County fugitives captured in Tennessee
- Police: Missouri fugitive captured in Calhoun County