MYRTLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A 22-year-old woman from Vardaman is charged with felony child abuse in Union County.
Union County Sheriff Jimmy Edwards said Destiny Higginbotham was arrested Monday night.
On Oct. 28, law enforcement officers responded to the South Street apartments in Myrtle.
An 8-month-old infant was found unresponsive, the sheriff said.
The baby was taken to the hospital and later transported to Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee.
The sheriff said Higginbotham was the only person in the apartment at the time of the report.
She is not the mother of the infant, the sheriff said.
He confirmed the child belongs to Higginbotham's boyfriend whom she was visiting at the time of the arrest.
The medical team said this may be a case of shaken baby, the sheriff said.
- 22-year-old woman charged with felony child abuse in Union County
- Oxford man charged with felony child abuse
- Felony child abuse suspect arrested again on burglary charge
- Man on probation for murder charged with felony child abuse
- Starkville woman faces felony charges
- UPDATE: 22-year-old charged with Alcorn County murders
- UPDATE: Bond set for GA woman with child abuse charges
- 3 face felony charges in Yalobusha County
- Lee County duo charged with child abuse in Prentiss County
- Columbus woman arrested for child abuse