BILOXI, Miss. (AP) — Two more people have been arrested after a Mississippi police officer was gunned down outside his police station.
Harrison County Sheriff Troy Peterson tells WLOX-TV both men were arrested Wednesday on charges of accessory after the fact in the capital murder case.
Darian Tawan Atkinson
Twenty-year-old Dalentez Brice and 21-year-old Joshua Kovach are being held without bond. It wasn't immediately known whether they have lawyers who could be reached for comment.
Veteran Biloxi police Patrolman Robert McKeithen was shot several times in the back Sunday in the police station parking lot.
Nineteen-year-old Darian Atkinson is accused of killing him.
Atkinson's 21-year-old brother, Davian Atkinson, is also charged as an accessory after the fact. Authorities say he drove his brother to Wiggins after the killing and let him make phone calls.
- 2 more men arrested after Mississippi police officer slain
- Hundreds throng funeral for slain Biloxi police officer
- Alabama police capture suspect; 1 officer slain, 2 wounded
- Funeral services set for slain Alabama officer
- 3 men arrested in shooting death of a Shreveport, Louisiana, police officer
- Man arrested for biting Columbus police officer
- Columbus Police: Sharp-eyed officer makes arrest
- Mississippi: Police hunt killer of officer outside station
- Mississippi police: Officer broke policy in fatal shooting
- Police ID officer in wreck that killed Mississippi woman