JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Wednesday’s wreck in Kemper County claimed the lives of three people, including a 12-year-old.
The wreck happened in the afternoon on Highway 45 between Porterville and Lauderdale.
According to the Mississippi Highway Patrol, the wreck involved four vehicles:
- Chevrolet pickup truck – traveling southbound
- Lincoln SUV – traveling northbound
- Chevrolet pickup truck – traveling northbound
- Meridian Public Schools bus – traveling northbound
Trooper Andy West said the southbound truck crossed the grass median and collided with the three northbound vehicles.
The three deceased victims were in a northbound vehicle, West said.
He identified them as:
- Kimberly Holliday, 56, from Southaven
- Bailey Southerlen, 12, from Southaven
- Kathleen Estling, 67, from Altoona, Iowa
Five other people were injured. Their names were not released.
MHP is trying to determine why the southbound truck crossed the median.
Original Article - Another fatal wreck reported in Kemper County
Wednesday's wreck marked the second tragedy in Kemper County. A wreck on Monday killed eight people.
- 2 from Southaven, 1 from Iowa killed in Kemper County wreck
- Another fatal wreck reported in Kemper County
- Head-on collision kills 8 people in Kemper County
- Southaven Walmart reopens after fatal worker shooting
- State identifies 8 dead in Kemper County collision
- Southaven alderman charged with transportation of child porn
- President Trump scheduled to visit Southaven next week
- President Trump supports Senator Hyde-Smith at Southaven rally
- 2 dead, 2 wounded in shooting at Walmart in Southaven
- ATV wreck kills man in Winston County