WAYNE COUNTY, Tenn. (WTVA) - An early-morning wreck on the Natchez Trace Parkway claimed the life to two locals.
The wreck was reported on Thursday, Feb. 21, at 3:20 a.m. in Wayne County, Tennessee.
Justin Nance, 21, of De Kalb, Mississippi, was driving a car on the parkway when his vehicle went off the road and struck a tree.
Three other individuals were in the car.
An 18-month-old infant was in the back seat.
Both Nance and the infant were taken to North Alabama Medical Center in Florence.
Rayshon Ewing, 18, of Prairie, was the front passenger.
Daneisha Townsend, 19, of Okolona, was the rear passenger.
Both Ewing and Townsend were pronounced dead at the scene.
Parkway rangers are investigating the crash.
- 2 die in Natchez Trace Parkway crash
- Natchez Trace Parkway Thanksgiving Closures
- Underfed horses found along Natchez Trace Parkway
- Natchez Trace Parkway works to control privet
- Woman injured in crash along Natchez Trace Parkway
- Natchez Trace warns of remaining ice, snow along parkway
- How would government shutdown affect Natchez Trace Parkway?
- Homes for lease on the Natchez Trace Parkway
- Natchez Trace employee, man from Texas killed in Parkway accident
- Natchez Trace Parkway accessible to public during government shutdown