BOAZ, Ala. (AP) — Authorities in Alabama have detained two persons of interest in the case of a missing man whose skeletal remains have been found scattered in a wooded area.
News outlets report authorities announced Tuesday that parts of Johnny Lee Rhodes were found this week in Boaz. Etowah County deputies say they received a report of a dog finding skeletal remains on Monday, over a month after Rhodes was last seen being dropped off in the area.
Authorities say the bones included a surgical steel plate that belonged to Rhodes. Authorities returned to the scene Tuesday and recovered more skeletal remains and a cellphone believed to belong to Rhodes.
Authorities haven't said how the detained persons are connected to the case. It's unclear when they were taken into custody.
- 2 detained in case of missing Alabama man found dead
- Missing Tennessee man found dead near Grenada
- Missing woman found dead in rural Alabama county
- UPDATE: Missing central Mississippi man found dead, arrest made
- Police: Body of missing Alabama toddler found
- UPDATE: Missing Louisville man found
- UPDATE: Missing Shannon man found
- UPDATE: Missing man found safe
- Missing Columbus man found safe
- Body of Alabama man reported missing found in wooded area