CORINTH, Miss. (WTVA) - Two men are dead following a shooting overnight in Corinth.
Police Chief Ralph Dance said officers responded to a house on Tate Street for a report of shots fired.
Alcorn County Coroner Jay Jones confirmed the two deaths.
Dance said both men suffered gunshot wounds to the chest.
The deceased were identified as:
- Daniel Gunn, 28
- Latavious Rogers, 27
Dance said Gunn was found in the front yard. Rogers was found in the back yard.
Investigators believe the two men knew each other, Dance said. However, it's unclear if the two men killed each other or if other parties were involved.
Dance said investigators found shell casings from two guns, but only one gun was found.
"We don't know yet," he said. "It's very possible, but it's also plausible, that someone else could have been involved. We found one handgun on the scene that we believe was used in the shooting, but we also know there's another gun that's not there."
At this time, no arrests have been made. The police chief said investigators are still conducting interviews.
This is a developing story and this article will be updated as more information becomes available.
- UPDATE: 2 men dead in Corinth shooting, investigation ongoing
- UPDATE: Investigation continues into Corinth shootings
- UPDATE: Homicide investigation underway in Corinth
- UPDATE: Charges filed in Corinth shooting
- UPDATE: Corinth shooting suspect in custody
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Corinth shooting
- Ongoing investigation in motorcycle accident
- UPDATE: Investigation ongoing into Monroe County plane crash
- Evacuation issued at Aberdeen school, investigation ongoing
- Investigation continues into mysterious Corinth stabbing