WINONA, Miss. (WTVA) - A man shot two women and killed himself, according to Winona police.
Police investigator Dan Herod confirms one woman is dead.
He says the shooting happened early Friday morning at a home on Montgomery Street.
Herod says Charles McCary, 31, fatally shot his girlfriend multiple times.
She was sitting in a car with her female friend.
McCary shot the friend twice before turning the gun on himself, Herod says.
The friend was taken to the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson.
Police have not released the two women’s identities.
- 2 dead, 1 wounded in Winona shooting
- Shooting wounds two people in Winona
- Man dead, officer wounded in Alabama shooting
- Missing Winona man located
- UPDATE: Suspect in custody for Winona shooting
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Holly Springs shooting
- 2 dead, 2 wounded in shooting at Walmart in Southaven
- Fatal Winona wreck on I-55
- Five wounded in Attala County club shooting
- Sheriff: Woman wounded in accidental shooting