LOWNDES COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) – Lowndes County investigators were able to track down and arrest a man accused of pointing a gun a girls’ head and robbing her.
The incident happened on November 20 at the Yorkville apartments in Lowndes County.
When officers arrived on the scene, they talked with a 14-year-old girl who stated she was at a relative’s house and a man entered the house, stuck a gun to her head and demanded money.
The man was able to take a small amount of money and run out the back door of the house.
The teenager was able to identify the man as Lawrence Fredrick Tate, 19.
He was arrested on Thursday and charged with armed robbery. He is currently at the Lowndes County jail awaiting a court appearance.
- 19-year-old accused of robbing girl at gunpoint
- Woman accused of robbing, kidnapping Facebook friend
- Granddaughter, boyfriend accused of robbing grandmother
- UPDATE: 19-year-old reported missing has been found safe
- 19-year-old dies after inhaling deodorant spray to get high
- Suspect held at gunpoint by truck owner in Prentiss County
- Band halftime show depicts police at gunpoint, stirs anger
- 19-year-old born without lower arm creates prosthetic out of Legos
- Man accused of robbing Pontotoc County post office wants to withdraw guilty plea
- Deacon facing charges, accused of sexually abusing two girls