NEW ALBANY, Miss. (WTVA) - The eastbound lanes of Interstate 22 have reopened between New Albany and Blue Springs after an 18-wheeler crash shut down those lanes of traffic.
The accident happened Monday around 8:30 a.m. one mile east of New Albany, and the interstate reopened sometime around 6 p.m.
The 18-wheeler crashed east of New Albany on Interstate 22.
Eastbound traffic on Interstate 22 is being diverted to Highway 178. | Map: Google
Mississippi Highway Patrol Cpl. Jason Roe says the driver of the semi suffered minor injuries and was wearing a seatbelt. He was taken to a hospital.
The driver told state troopers he had passed out.
- Eastbound Interstate 22 reopens near New Albany after wreck
- MHP provides update on Interstate 22 wrecks
- Interstate 22 wreck cleared at Mooreville exit
- UPDATE: Both lanes reopen on eastbound I-22 after 18-wheeler wreck
- I-22 reopens after wreck
- 2 separate wrecks on Interstate 22 injure 2 people near Blue Springs
- Driver taken to hospital after Interstate 22 wreck in Itawamba County
- Interstate 22 traffic back to normal after 18-wheeler wreck in Fulton
- Two injured in wreck on Interstate 55 near Tillatoba
- Tupelo on-ramp reopened after 18-wheeler wreck