OKTIBBEHA COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - An 18-wheeler dump truck ran off the road and smashed into a tree causing the driver to be trapped inside on Saturday morning, according to Oktibbeha County Fire Coordinator Kirk Rosenhan.
It happened roughly around 7:30 a.m. on Highway 25.
A service truck was crossing Poor House Road when they collided.
The District Five Fire Department and the Oktibbeha County Sheriff's Department were able to arrive at the scene and release the driver.
The driver was sent to OCH Regional Medical Center for their injuries and are expected to be okay, according to Rosenhan.
The service truck was able to drive away from the accident.
It took four different wreckers from other counties to help clear the scene. The 18-wheeler was carrying dirt.
- 18-wheeler crashes, trapping driver
- 18-wheeler crashes into Eupora factory; two injured
- Tupelo highway reopens after 18-wheeler crash
- No injuries in 18-wheeler fire
- Two 18-wheelers collide on I-22
- 18-wheeler rolls over in Pontotoc County
- No injuries after 18-wheeler runs off I-22
- Truck collides with 18-wheeler in Lee County
- 18-wheelers catch fire in West Point
- 18-wheeler runs off road near Okolona