THAXTON, Miss. (WTVA) - An 18-wheeler ran off into a ditch in Pontotoc County.
County Fire Coordinator Adam Patton and Master Sgt. Joey Miller of the Mississippi Highway Patrol both confirmed the wreck Thursday afternoon.
The wreck happened along Highway 278 near Thaxton.
Patton later confirmed the truck ran into a ditch, not a pond as previously reported.
No injuries were initially reported. However, Patton later confirmed one person suffered moderate injuries.
Note: This article was updated to show the truck ran into a ditch, not a pond.
- 18-wheeler crashes into ditch in Pontotoc County
- 18-wheeler rolls over in Pontotoc County
- 18-wheeler crashes, trapping driver
- MBI investigating Pontotoc County crash
- 18-wheeler crashes into Eupora factory; two injured
- Tupelo highway reopens after 18-wheeler crash
- Injury reported in Pontotoc County crash
- Two killed in Pontotoc County crash
- One Dead In Overnight Pontotoc County Crash
- Truck collides with 18-wheeler in Lee County