EUPORA, Miss. (WTVA) - Two people were injured after an 18-wheeler crashed into a Eupora factory.
Eupora police say this happened sometime near 10:30 a.m. Thursday at HPJ Industries.
The injuries are described as non-life-threatening.
“We heard a big explosion, we thought a piped bursted then our supervisors came and told us an 18 Wheeler came through the wall" said Ricco Collier.
Police say one injured person was a manager and the other was the truck’s co-driver
“Luckily nobody was standing in the way when the truck rolled through the door. One of the managers saw the truck rolling down the hill, ran after the truck and when he grabbed on to it, he fell and hurt his back," said Bradley Frost with Eupora police.
The factory was momentarily shut down for safety precautions.
Frost says two people were in the truck. He says one driver stepped out of the truck to speak with a manager when they arrived. He says the other driver was in the back of the truck asleep and ended up with a laceration to his arm.
It's unclear if this was a mechanical or operative failure.
Both men were later released from medical care.
- 18-wheeler crashes into Eupora factory; two injured
- 18-wheeler crashes, trapping driver
- Choctaw County crash kills Eupora man
- Tupelo highway reopens after 18-wheeler crash
- Firefighters battle Eupora business blaze
- No injuries in 18-wheeler fire
- Two 18-wheelers collide on I-22
- Eupora man arrested for drugs in Starkville
- Six escape their burning home near Eupora
- No injuries in Eupora house fire