HICKORY FLAT, Miss. (WTVA) — Interstate 22 was partially closed near the Benton County-Union County line on Thursday because of an 18-wheeler carrying hydrogen peroxide caught fire.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol said eastbound traffic was forced into one lane between Hickory Flat and Myrtle.
Meanwhile, troopers worked an accident on Highway 72 in Benton County northeast of Ashland because an 18-wheeler struck a backhoe.
According to the MHP, one person was flown to a hospital in Memphis.
- Tanker catches fire near Hickory Flat
- Crash kills Hickory Flat man
- Hickory Flat man dies in weekend ATV wreck
- Columbus home catches fire
- Shed catches fire in Tupelo
- Semi catches fire in Saltillo
- Itawamba County shed catches fire
- Scene clear after tanker overturns in Starkville
- ACT score flat for 2018 Mississippi high school seniors
- Mississippi jobless rate ticks up in March, payrolls flat