FORT BLISS, Texas (WTVA) - The 155th Armored Brigade Combat Team received a Navy Unit Commendation last week while in Fort Bliss, Texas.
The commendation was earned while serving their duty during Operation Iraqi Freedom III in 2005 and 2006.
During OIF III, 16 Mississippi soldiers from the 155th ABCT were killed while conducting combat operations.
There ceremony concluded with a casing of the brigade and battalion colors. The colors will remain cased until the 155th ABCT arrives in the Middle East and officially begin their deployment in support of Operation Spartan Shield.
- 155th ABCT earns Navy Unit commendation
- 155th Brigade to deploy in spring 2018
- 155th soldiers arrive in Middle East
- 155th takes over Operation Spartan Shield in Middle East
- Report: Some soldiers affected by salmonella in Kuwait; 155th not affected
- Gap and Old Navy are splitting up
- Tishomingo County company receives contract to make Navy uniforms
- United Furniture purchases Lane Furniture
- NMMC moving its pediatrics unit
- Aretha Franklin earns posthumous Pulitzer Prize