GREENVILLE, Miss. (AP) — Police in a Mississippi Delta city continue to investigate a shooting that killed a 15-year-old boy who was riding a bicycle.
Greenville Police tell The Delta Democrat-Times that the unnamed teen was found dead Wednesday night from multiple gunshot wounds. Medics could not revive him.
Assistant Police Chief Michael Merchant says his department is investigating, but no arrests have been made.
Mayor Errick Simmons calls the killing “senseless and heinous.”
Simmons says the city is working to decrease violence, offering several community outreach programs. Simmons and the Greenville City Council are hosting a community meeting Monday to discuss ways to reduce violence.
- 15-year-old Mississippi boy shot dead while riding bicycle
- Prosecutor: Man who fired at Mississippi police is shot dead
- Child injured after vehicle hits bicycle
- UPDATE: Investigation into accident involving bicycle continues
- 15-year-old missing Jackson girl found safe
- Sheriff: Girl shot by boy dies
- Macon man shot dead outside convenience store
- Mississippi cigarette tax increases nearly dead
- Report: South Mississippi shooting suspect found dead
- 1 dead after south Mississippi police shooting