JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - A 14th state inmate has died in the month of August.
Curtis Hughes, 45, was pronounced dead at 8:53 p.m. on Tuesday, August 28 at the Mississippi State Penitentiary Hospital at Parchman.
He was serving 25 years for possession of meth and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
He was sentenced on June 9, 2017, in Scott County.
“The manner and the cause of the death are pending an autopsy,” stated MDOC.
- 14th MDOC inmate dies in August
- Report: 15th Mississippi inmate dies in August; MDOC requests help
- MDOC moves many inmates from Parchman
- UPDATE: MDOC lockdown lifted
- MDOC reducing number of inmates at regional facilities
- MDOC Deputy Commissioner announces retirement
- Governor appoints interim MDOC commissioner
- Lowndes County inmate dies
- MDOC remembers former West Point police officer
- UPDATE: MDOC escapees captured in Marshall County