BLUE SPRINGS, Miss. (WTVA)- Toyota Mississippi rolled out its 2020 Corolla at its plant in Blue Springs on Monday.
Bringing a strong company to a small community has had a positive effect on Toyota, according to President Sean Suggs.
He added, Blue Springs is where the production of the world's most popular compact sedan originates.
“It crushes a lot of stereotypes, not only for Blue Springs but the state of Mississippi," he said. "We can get it down here, and we’ve done it over a million times in a town of a population of 400.”
The production of the 2020 Corolla took about two years with the help of the 2,000 employees at Toyota Mississippi.
According to Suggs, the newest Corollas are just a few weeks away from sale lots.
- Toyota unveils newest Corolla model
- 1 millionth Corolla rolls off assembly line at Toyota plant in Blue Springs
- EMCC selected for Toyota pilot program
- Toyota, CREATE partnership to help local students
- Toyota announces sales down in November
- New Mississippi license plates unveiled
- Mississippi lawmakers look to learn from Alabama broadband model
- Skilled to Work: Drafting, Design, and 3D Modeling at NEMCC
- NASA's newest mission will study the origins of the universe
- Illinois out of running for Toyota/Mazda plant