VANCLEAVE, Miss. (AP) — Authorities say a 12-year-old boy has died after he was pinned between a truck bed and tailgate by a bulldozer his grandfather was driving.
The Sun Herald of Biloxi quotes Jackson County Sheriff Mike Ezell as saying Hunter Dewayne Hewett was helping his grandfather unload dirt Wednesday. He says Johnny Wayne Hewett backed the bulldozer up to the tailgate of a dump truck, pinning Hunter between the dump truck's bed and tailgate.
Hunter was taken to the hospital where he died. The sheriff reports that Hewett says he didn't see the child.
The sheriff office's traffic division is investigating.
- 12-year-old dies after being hit by bulldozer in Mississippi
- Walls of ice bulldoze ashore from Lake Erie
- Man charged with stealing bulldozer in Carroll County
- 12-year-old boy dies following drowning incident in Monroe County
- Driver dies after hitting school bus in north Mississippi
- Mississippi motorcyclist dies after hit by state trooper
- Mississippi inmate dies in Parchman
- Edgar Ray Killen dies in Mississippi prison
- Mississippi prison inmate dies in Pascagoula hospital
- Engaged Louisiana corporal dies in Mississippi crash