WASHINGTON (WTVA) - Twelve airports in Mississippi will receive $5.68 million for improvements.
The 12 airports include:
- Pontotoc County Airport - $411,240 to construct a 9,450-square-foot hangar building and rehabilitate 560 feet of the existing hangar taxiways
- McCharen Field in West Point - $219,367 to acquire 39.6 acres of land
- Iuka Airport - $180,159 to remove tree and terrain obstructions to improve safety
- Columbus-Lowndes County Airport - $141,570 to rehabilitate 4,500 feet of runway
Other recipients are in Wiggins, Panola County, Hancock County, Lexington, Newton, Indianola, Olive Branch and Prentiss.
U.S. Sens. Roger Wicker, R-Miss, and Cindy Hyde-Smith, R-Miss, announced the awards on Thursday.
- 12 airports in Mississippi to receive funds for improvements
- More local airports to receive funds for improvements
- Local water departments receive funds to improve
- 3 local airports receiving grants to make improvements
- Mississippi superintendent says purchasing methods improve
- Millions of dollars coming to local airports for improvements
- Senators: Tupelo, Columbus fire departments receiving funds
- Local fire department to receive funds
- Mississippi receives grant to fight opioid crisis
- Mississippi receiving federal grant for preschool programs