PRENTISS COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Troopers are investigating a traffic accident in Prentiss County.
The wreck happened Tuesday afternoon.
Master Sgt. Ray Hall with the Mississippi Highway Patrol said the accident only involved one vehicle.
It happened on Highway 4, one mile west of New Site school.
Hall said one person was carried from the scene by an air ambulance.
On Wednesday, MHP identified the victim as Brent Wilemon, 49, of Marietta. Troopers say he was traveling east on the highway when he apparently lost control of his vehicle.
The vehicle he was driving left the roadway and struck a tree before overturning.
Wilemon was airlifted to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries. Troopers say it doesn't appear he was wearing a seatbelt.
- 1 person airlifted from Prentiss County wreck
- One dead after wreck in Prentiss County
- One airlifted after wreck in Lowndes County
- UPDATE: Names released concerning fatal wreck in Prentiss County
- Troopers: One flown to hospital after Prentiss County wreck
- MHP responds to serious wreck in Prentiss County
- Woman arrested for abuse of elderly person in Prentiss County
- Prentiss County investigating multiple burglaries
- Fallen Prentiss County lineman honored
- One person dead following Lee County wreck