TUNICA COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - The Tunica County Sheriff's Department is investigating two separate shootings that happened Saturday night, leaving one person dead and another in the hospital.
According to Chief Deputy Randy Stewart, the first incident happened on Highway 61 between 11 p.m. and 11:30 p.m.
Stewart tells WTVA the shooting happened at a business where a party was being held.
One victim was taken to Regional One hospital in Memphis.
The second shooting occurred not long afterward at the intersection of Coldwater and Sears Avenue.
A male victim in that incident died, according to Stewart.
No suspect information has been released yet.
More information is said to be released on Monday regarding both incidents.
- 1 man killed, person injured in separate Tunica County shootings
- New charter airline to begin service to Tunica casinos
- One person in custody, another injured after Monroe County shooting
- 1 dead, 2 injured in separate Alabama police shootings
- Drive-by shooting injures man in Lafayette County
- Monroe County authorities investigate two separate shooting incidents
- One person injured in overnight house fire
- One injured in Noxubee County shooting
- Three injured in Columbus shooting
- One person killed in fatal Calhoun County wreck