TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - WTVA has officially joined the Allen Media Broadcasting Group.
Television producer Byron Allen reached an agreement in October to purchase 11 TV stations from USA Television for $290 million.
Allen’s company said this week it had closed on the acquisition of the TV stations from USA Television Holdings and USA Television MidAmerica for $305 million, according to TVNewsCheck.com.
The deal includes the operation of WLOV.
Allen said his company plans to invest approximately $10 billion to acquire ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox television stations during the next three years with the goal of being one of the largest broadcast television groups in America, the website reports.
- WTVA joins Allen Media Broadcast Group
- Download WTVA Amazon Alexa apps
- WTVA to air gubernatorial debate
- WTVA's Kay Bain to retire
- Comcast/XFINITY channel changes for WTVA, WLOV
- WTVA Podcast: The Search for Leigh Occhi
- WTVA gets results for mom seeking help
- Baldwyn student wins 2019 WTVA Senior Scholarship
- Dolusic to be inducted into Mississippi AP Broadcasters Hall of Fame