OXFORD, Miss. (AP) — Just over a year after groundbreaking, a new recreation in north Mississippi is about to host its first activities.
The Oxford Eagle reports that construction on the Oxford Activity Center is finished.
The center will only be open at night for the first few weeks to let the parks commission conclude its basketball season.
Multiple full-sized high school basketball courts will have lines marked for other sports, including pickleball and volleyball. New equipment will be installed in the gymnastics wing in the coming months. The second floor has a walking track and a video game space. There's also a room for dance and yoga classes.
Plans are in place to do a grand-opening in the spring, and the center could be in full operation by April 1.
- Oxford opening new center for sports and other activities
- Oxford police host active shooter prevention training
- Oxford police investigate homicide
- New Oxford hospital unveiled; to open later this month
- WWII Vets Honored in Oxford
- Oxford sets new development code
- Two indicted for Oxford robbery
- Oxford road work begins today
- Oxford to practice emergency management
- Water outage scheduled in Oxford