A woman and her three young children have been killed in a car fire allegedly started by her husband who also died in the incident in Brisbane, Australia.
Hannah Baxter, 31, and her family were in a car when 42-year-old Rowan Baxter climbed in and doused it with petrol before setting it alight, according to multiple Australian news reports.
Mrs Baxter jumped from the vehicle and yelled "he's poured petrol on me," according to ABC Australia. She later died of her injuries in hospital.
Baxter, a former rugby league player, had self-inflicted stab wounds and died at the scene.
Police said in a statement they were called to a car fire about 8.30 a.m. local time Wednesday and three children aged six, four and three were found dead inside.
"Devastating news out of Camp Hill," Australia's Prime Minister Scott Morrison wrote on Twitter.
"My heart goes out to the families and community going through this tragic time and the emergency responders confronting what would be a shattering scene."
Police said early investigations indicate the woman was driving the car and the man was in the front passenger seat prior to the incident.
She suffered significant burns and was helped out of the vehicle by a man after the fire started. He also suffered burns and was taken to hospital.
The husband and wife ran a fitness company, Integr8, based in Brisbane.
Baxter, who had a stint with the New Zealand Warriors rugby league outfit, later worked as a fitness coach for Australia's National Rugby League, Super Rugby and Australian Football League (AFL) teams.
- Woman and three children killed in car fire allegedly started by husband
- Riverview woman shoots, kills husband during argument, deputies say
- Husband of missing Florida woman pleads guilty
- Man allegedly vandalized 29 cars on Tuesday
- Grandmother accused of killing her husband may also have killed a woman to steal her identity
- Police: Woman leaves 5 children unattended in car while working
- Man allegedly chased woman into karate studio
- Commerce City teacher who allegedly wrote 'I want to kill children' on projector resigns
- LISTEN: Mother's horrifying 911 call as son allegedly stabs her, her husband
- Phoenix police identify woman, 2 children killed on Christmas