Festivities at a hot air balloon festival in Missouri abruptly turned into fright as one of the balloons botched its landing and crashed into crowd of spectators.
A young girl suffered minor injuries after the balloon crashed through some tree limbs and struck spectators at the Hannibal Bicentennial Celebration on Saturday evening.
An "experienced balloonist" was attempting to land when the hot air balloon grazed a tree, tipping the basket, the event committee told CNN affiliate KHQA.
"Thankfully, there were no serious injuries, and the event continued," the committee said in a statement.
Stephanie Haught said she barely got out of the way before the balloon crashed. In a video she posted to Facebook, the balloonist is seen waving for people to get out of the way as the balloon descends.
Another event attendee told KHQA the basket hit the ground right behind him and "ran over his mother." Other than a small cut on her finger his mother is fine, he said.
- Hot air balloon crash-lands into a crowd at a Missouri festival, injuring one
- Hot air balloon makes unplanned landing
- 4 hot air balloons make treacherous landings
- Hot air balloon's proximity concerns homeowner
- Tourist killed in hot air balloon crash in Egypt
- Hot air balloon with 3 onboard hits power line while landing in Wesley Chapel
- California deputies pull over ... two hot air balloons
- Democrats pop the movement's balloon
- Train in India hits crowd celebrating Hindu festival; dozens killed
- Emily Sweeney's luge crash stuns Olympic crowds