CNN has learned an arrest warrant was issued over the summer for R. Kelly's former manager, James Mason, after Mason was accused of threatening to kill the father of Joycelyn Savage, one of the women featured in "Surviving R. Kelly."
The incident, which allegedly took place in May 2018, was reported by Timothy Savage to Henry County police. Savage claims his daughter is being held against her will by R. Kelly and Mason threatened him for speaking out about it.
Reached by phone Wednesday morning, Mason told CNN he had "no comment" and referred additional questions to his attorney.
In an incident report obtained by CNN, Timothy Savage stated that Mason said, "I'm gonna do harm to you and your family, when I see you I'm gonna get you, I'm going to f***ing kill you."
The case was presented to a Magistrate Judge who issued a warrant in July, citing "terroristic threats and acts." The warrant is assigned to the sheriff's office.
Joycelyn Savage's family has claimed she is having a sexual relationship with Kelly, and that she is being manipulated by him into cutting off contact with the outside world.
Her father says they haven't heard from her in about two years.
She responded to this claim in a video released in 2017, in which she denied she's being held and that she had been brainwashed by the Grammy-award winning singer.
"I just want everybody to know -- my parents and everybody in the world -- that I'm totally fine. I'm happy where I'm at and everything is OK with me," she said in the video.
- Warrant issued for R. Kelly's former manager
- Brazilian police issue arrest warrants in Rio 2016 federal probe
- Police rescue malnourished dog, issue arrest warrant for owner
- Pakistan court issues arrest warrant for journalist amid press crackdown
- South Africa issues arrest warrant for Grace Mugabe
- John Kelly: Immigration 'hardass'
- Who is John Kelly?
- H&M hires diversity manager
- Top Manhattan prosecutor recused from Cohen investigation before search warrant issued
- Imelda Marcos arrest warrant issued after failing to appear in court