A cheeky promise, to be sure, but Thomas Bjorn has indeed followed through on getting ink on his bum.
Europe soundly defeated the US 17½-10½ to win the Ryder Cup in Paris, to which Rory McIlroy said of his captain in the post-match press conference, "There could be a visit to a tattoo parlor coming very soon for Mr. Bjorn."
Continents and regions
Sports and recreation
Social cultures and lifestyles
"It's going to go on a part that only Grace will see," Bjorn said at the time, referring to his girlfriend, Grace Barber.
Well, 12 weeks later, Bjorn has delivered, as the final score has been etched on his rear.
"Told you I would do it," Bjorn said into a video camera that recorded the event. "Merry Christmas."
- Golfer marks Europe's Ryder Cup win with backside tattoo
- Ryder Cup: How a WhatsApp 'love-in' and tattoo pledge inspired Europe
- Carrasco makes motorsport history and Bjorn's Ryder Cup tattoo promise
- Ryder Cup 2018: Europe launches historic fightback against USA
- Ryder Cup: Ian Poulter and Sergio Garcia receive Europe wildcards
- Ryder Cup: Europe trounces powerful USA in Paris
- Bernard Gallacher on Ryder Cup captaincy
- Europe's captain Thomas Bjorn hopes for a Brexit-proof Ryder Cup
- Ryder Cup 2018: Dominant Europe takes USA to brink of defeat
- USA pulls off miracle comeback against Europe in 1999 Ryder Cup