(CNN) -- Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey is appointing Republican Rep. Martha McSally to the Senate, Ducey said in a statement Tuesday. McSally narrowly lost a race this year for Arizona's other Senate seat to Democrat Kyrsten Sinema. McSally will replace GOP Sen. Jon Kyl, who is resigning months after Ducey selected him in September to temporarily fill the seat of former Sen. John McCain, who died in August. "With her experience and long record of service, Martha is uniquely qualified to step up and fight for Arizona's interests in the U.S. Senate. I thank her for taking on this significant responsibility and look forward to working with her and Senator-Elect Sinema to get positive things done," Ducey said in the statement.
(CNN) -- Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey is appointing Republican Rep. Martha McSally to the Senate, Ducey said i...
Posted: Dec 18, 2018 2:28 PM
Updated: Dec 18, 2018 2:28 PM
- URGENT - Martha McSally appointed to John McCain's Senate seat
- Martha McSally appointed to John McCain's Senate seat
- Rep. Martha McSally wins GOP Senate nomination
- Why Martha McSally's appointment is a game changer
- Who will fill John McCain's Senate seat?
- Kelli Ward refuses to say whether she'd back Rep. Martha McSally as Arizona Senate primary nears
- GOP Senate candidate Martha McSally's office removes video of her praising DACA
- Rep. Martha McSally fends off right-wing challengers in Arizona GOP Senate race, CNN projects
- URGENT -
- URGENT -
Scroll for more content...