With the midterm elections over and attention turned to the next election cycle, CNN and The Des Moines Register will release their first polling Saturday on Iowa's 2020 presidential caucuses.
"The Iowa Poll" will be released Saturday night at 8 p.m. ET. This will be the first poll The Des Moines Register releases in partnership with CNN since the poll's founding in 1943.
2020 Presidential election
Continents and regions
Elections (by type)
Elections and campaigns
Government and public administration
Midwestern United States
Political Figures - US
Primaries and caucuses
US Federal elections
US Presidential elections
Saturday's poll will provide early insights into likely Democratic caucus goers and their views on the potential 2020 candidates.
Further releases of "The Iowa Poll" will be an early look at the views of registered Republicans in the Hawkeye State on President Donald Trump and his reelection prospects.
The Iowa caucuses will take place this upcoming presidential election cycle on February 3, 2020.
CNN and The Des Moines Register first announced their partnership on the poll last Thursday.
The two news organizations, in collaboration with financial sponsor Mediacom, will "exercise joint editorial control" over "The Iowa Poll." The poll will be conducted by Selzer & Company of Des Moines, Iowa.
The first-in-the-nation caucuses will be the proving ground for what's expected to be the largest field of Democratic candidates in modern history and the possibility of Republican challengers vying to take on Trump in 2020.
Several potential candidates have already visited Iowa as they test the waters for a potential presidential bid.
In the 2016 presidential election, Trump finished second in the Iowa caucuses behind Texas Sen. Ted Cruz.
- CNN and The Des Moines Register to release first 2020 Iowa caucus poll Saturday
- 5 takeaways from the new CNN/Des Moines Register poll
- CNN and The Des Moines Register to partner for Iowa polling
- Podium order announced for CNN/Des Moines Register Democratic presidential debate
- Rep. Steve King denies Des Moines Register from election event
- CNN Poll: Biden is top 2020 contender
- Poll: Iowa Democrats like Biden for 2020
- Des Moines Register: Trump administration pressure over 4-H LGBT policy led to state leader's ousting
- CNN poll: Melania's favorability plummets
- CNN poll: Trump trails Sanders, Biden, Oprah in 2020 matchups