Connecticut Democrat Ned Lamont has won the governor's race, CNN projects.
CNN was projecting a narrow victory for Lamont, who founded a cable company, early Wednesday morning. His Republican opponent, Bob Stefanowski, conceded in a statement and said he wished Lamont and Connecticut "success over these next four years."
Continents and regions
Elections (by type)
Elections and campaigns
Government and public administration
Government bodies and offices
Heads of government
Northeastern United States
US political parties
US Republican Party
Political Figures - US
Stefanowski, a former executive at General Electric who campaigned on the platform that his business experience could help him solve the state's budget issues, said he was glad his campaign could "draw so much attention to the tax burden in this state."
"I have learned a lot over the course of this campaign, but the biggest takeaway for me has been the realization that (Connecticut) is one big family," he said. "That won't end with the campaign. We will continue to share that bond regardless of today's outcome."
- Democrat Lamont triumphs in Connecticut governor's race
- URGENT - Lamont defeats Stefanowski in Connecticut governor's race
- Connecticut Shootings Fast Facts
- 30 people displaced after apartment fire in Lamont
- #TBT: Barbara Bush's own diplomatic triumph
- Why Europe triumphed and US crumbled?
- Rose Triumphs, Khachanov Dominates in Paris
- Democrats eye decade-altering wins in governors' races
- Hillary Clinton backs Stacey Abrams in Georgia Democratic governor's race
- Horse-riding, gun-owning Democrat shakes up Idaho governor's race