(CNN) -- Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley on Thursday referred Julie Swetnick and her lawyer Michael Avenatti to the Department of Justice for a possible criminal investigation over allegations they made false statements to Congress about Brett Kavanaugh, "I am writing to refer Mr. Michael Avenatti and Ms. Julie Swetnick for investigation," Grassley wrote in a letter to Attorney General Jeff Sessions and FBI Director Christopher A. Wray, for potential "materially false statements they made to the Committee during the course of the Committee's investigation. " In a statement, Grassley said, "When a well-meaning citizen comes forward with information relevant to the committee's work, I take it seriously. It takes courage to come forward, especially with allegations of sexual misconduct or personal trauma. I'm grateful for those who find that courage."
(CNN) -- Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley on Thursday referred Julie Swetnick and her lawyer Mich...
Posted: Oct 25, 2018 7:53 PM
Updated: Oct 25, 2018 7:53 PM
- URGENT - Judiciary chairman refers Swetnick, Avenatti to Justice Department
- Judiciary chairman refers Swetnick, Avenatti to Justice Department
- URGENT -
- URGENT -
- Kavanaugh: Swetnick thing is a joke
- Klobuchar: FBI should interview Julie Swetnick
- Judiciary chairman plans to release Donald Trump Jr. transcript
- Chairman Graham? Trump ally might take over Senate Judiciary Committee
- Chairman Graham? Trump ally may take over Judiciary
- URGENT - Chief Justice Roberts defends judiciary in rare statement after Trump criticism
Scroll for more content...