Authorities in Maine have confirmed that remains of a woman found Friday are those of a teacher who had been missing for almost a week.
The body of Kristin Westra was discovered near her home in a wooded area in North Yarmouth, Maine, the Cumberland County Sheriff's Department said. Authorities said Sunday they have determined she died by suicide.
Continents and regions
Northeastern United States
Westra, 47, disappeared Monday in the Portland suburb of 3,600 residents.
"My heart is crushed today," her husband, Jay Westra, wrote on Facebook on Friday after the remains were found.
- Remains found in Maine woods are of missing teacher, authorities confirm
- Body found near where Maine teacher went missing
- Police find body of missing Maine teacher
- Apple confirms HomePod may leave unsightly marks on wood
- Remains Found in Shed Fire Identified, Grandmother Missing
- PD: Missing Hamden mother's remains found in yard, son arrested
- Remains found in Long Island basement are homeowner's father, police confirm
- Vigil held for missing teacher after body found
- Tiger Woods Fast Facts
- 3 remain missing in deadly California mudslides