(CNN) -- Puerto Rico's governor says the official death toll from Hurricane Maria will be revised in the wake of a report from George Washington University that estimated the storm caused 2,975 deaths. "Even though it is an estimate, we are officially changing, or we are putting an official number to the death toll," Gov. Ricardo Rosello told reporters Tuesday. "We will take the 2,975 number as the official estimate for the excess deaths as a product of Maria."
(CNN) -- Puerto Rico's governor says the official death toll from Hurricane Maria will be revised in the ...
Posted: Aug 29, 2018 6:20 AM
Updated: Aug 29, 2018 6:20 AM
- Puerto Rico revises Hurricane Maria death toll
- URGENT - Puerto Rico revising Hurricane Maria death toll after report, governor says
- Puerto Rico admits Hurricane Maria's death toll may be 1,427
- Puerto Rico native reflects on Hurricane Maria
- Hurricane Maria death toll may be more than 4,600 in Puerto Rico
- Puerto Rico's new Hurricane Maria death toll is 46 times higher than the government's previous count
- How Puerto Rico's death toll climbed from 64 to 2,975 in Hurricane Maria
- URGENT - Hurricane Maria caused 2,975 deaths in Puerto Rico, new study estimates
- URGENT - Puerto Rico's governor orders review of deaths possibly tied to Maria
- Trump sends Carson to Puerto Rico for Hurricane Maria anniversary
Scroll for more content...